Everyone loves chocolate chip cookies, right? A dear friend’s wife shared this recipe with me a few years back and it has been a staple in my kitchen since. What I love most about this recipe is that the cookies are both chewy and crispy. Perfection in my opinion!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 sticks unsalted butter (room temperature)
3/4 cups packed light brown sugar
3/4 cups sugar
1 egg (room temperature)
1 egg yoke (room temperature)
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (I prefer Ghirardelli®)
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
3. In a stand mixer (gosh, I love mine), cream together butter and sugar. Add the egg and egg yoke and incorporate well.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients. Once well incorporated, remove bowl from mixer and add chips by hand.
5. Use a small ice cream scoop to scoop cookies onto a cookie sheet lined with a silpat.
6. Bake for 12-14 minutes (with my oven, these are usually perfect at the 13 minute mark).
Now pour yourself a tall glass of milk and enjoy!