I wish what I was about to write wasn’t true but sadly it is. This year, two very close friends of mine had relatives diagnosed with breast cancer. Fortunately, both had access to top-notch doctors, received exemplary care and an aggressive plan in place to fight. And fight they did. There is still a long road to recovery for both of these courageous women but I have much faith that they have long lives ahead of them.
Since I am a self-proclaimed shopper, I thought it was my duty to share with all of you some of the amazing products being sold this month with proceeds going directly towards breast cancer research. Here are just a few of my top picks:
– In my book, you can never have too many scarfs and this Stella and Dot number would be a great addition to any collection!
– Without fail, I always leave the house on a rainy day forgetting my umbrella and so I have decided to purchase this cute Tory Burch one to keep in my car always! As an added bonus, Tory Burch is donating 20% of the sales of this item (or up to $30,000) to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
– Looking for that perfect pink nail polish? Well, your search is over with OPI’s Pink of Hearts. Created exclusively for Susan G. Komen for the Cure, OPI has donated $25,000 to this worthy organization.
– Keeping with my beauty finds, I just love this Bobbi Brown blush set. Between this October and next March, Bobbi Brown will donate $10 from each sale of this set to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Click on the link and get yours today!
– New Balance has guaranteed a minimum donation of $500,000 each year to Susan G. Komen for the sales of their Lace Up for the Cure product line. If you are in need of some new kicks, I suggest the Komen 860.
– As I have mentioned before, I love candlelight and think this Marie Todd Heal candle is just lovely, especially since 30% of the sales will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
– Chan Luu’s Breast Cancer Awareness Stretch Bracelet would be a welcome addition to any arm candy. Ms. Luu will donate 50% of all sales of this bracelet to the Think Pink, Live Green Initiative.
– And saving one of my favorites for last, La Mer has created a limited edition hand treatment set. La Mer will donate $10 from each sale of this set to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Smooth hands and a great cause, you can’t go wrong.
So ladies (and gents), do a little shopping and know that your dollars are going to a worthy cause. And I know I am the worst at this, but do remember to do your own self exams. Early detection is key!