Let’s be honest. I think we could all use a little escape right now. With more snow in our forecast for tomorrow, I have officially started the countdown to my escape to Southern California. Surf, sunshine and sand… yes, please.
When daydreaming of warmer weather, I also think, what will I wear. Here are a few pieces I may just need to pack in my California bag and have ready for an island summer.
– I tried this Calypso tunic on while in Atlanta a few weeks back and made the executive decision that it will be my go-to summer 2014 piece. Great with skinny jeans or as a beach cover-up.
– My girls know that I’m a tried and true Nanette Lepore fan so when I saw this beautiful blue two piece, I just knew it had to be mine.
– Every summer, I have one mission… to find that perfect white dress. A special thank you to Shopbop for helping me find this one. Love how this will transition into evening with a simple belt and a leather jacket. Beautiful and so mine.
– Being that I’m a bit on the tall side, I love me a maxi dress and I am so grateful that this trend is sticking around for another season. Loving this one from Piperlime. Again, a perfect day to night option. I guess I’m secretly hoping for lots of evenings out this summer. Maybe just maybe!
– Last summer I had to sadly retire my favorite J.Crew sandals. I think these ones will make a fine replacement. Note to self… if you find a sandal you love, purchase 2 pairs and hide 1 away.