I’m back! I certainly did miss you all but had a wonderful time on my California vacation. I promise to provide a full report next week with all my must-do’s in the Golden State.
While lounging on the beaches of Malibu (don’t mean to rub it in), I was able to catch up on some much-needed reading (and sleep). And I must say, I was excited to read about several exciting collaborations that have just launched. Let’s begin with one of my favorites… Rifle Paper and Garance Dore. If you don’t read Garance’s blog, you should. She lives a life I dream of… in Paris no less. A lover of the finer things, she has an incredible eye for all things street fashion. She, like me, is also a lover of all things paper and always dreamt of launching a paper line but knew she needed to find the right partner. Enter my all-time favorite paper designer Anna Bond and Rifle Paper. The two hit it off instantly and created a breathtaking line that launched in Paris last week and will be stateside soon enough. Can’t wait to add a few of these pieces to my ever-growing stationary collection.
Not only am I a lover of paper but beautiful shoes make me weak in the knees. Sarah Jessica Parker, a/k/a Carrie Bradshaw, partnered with Manolo Blahnik to create a beautiful shoe line fondly named SJP. Available at Nordstroms, her first collection is breathtaking. In honor of her mom, several pairs of shoes in the collection feature grosgrain ribbon the heel. What a special touch. I have my eyes on these and these.
And last but certainly not least, Gwyneth Paltrow has teamed up with Peter Dunham to offer an exclusive line of pillows on her site. And as I have said before, I have a thing for throw pillows. Aren’t they just beautiful?
My takeaway from all of these is that collaboration really does make everything better. An important lesson on this snowy Thursday. Stay warm!
One of my favorite ways to gear up for the holiday season is to find that perfect holiday card. My tradition began my first year of college, dare I say 1997. I remember that first year, my dear friend Tracy told me she had never seen a more beautiful card. I set quite a precedent so now must be sure that my card selection is just right. Here were a few contenders for this year:
– Sugar Paper… need I say more!
– I just love the whimsical illustrations from Mr. Boddington.
– I know, I know. I always write about Rifle Paper but this 2-in-1 card is pure genius.
– Paper Source… where my addition to all things paper began. Thank you for still making beautiful cards like this one all these years later!
– 1 Canoe 2 and I were just recently introduced and I am grateful for that indeed. Loving nearly everyone of their holiday cards but this one takes first place.
– I was beyond impressed while perusing Minted’s website. So many choices and I love that you can customize the shape of your paper. I love this one and this one too.
So, which one made the cut for May’s 2013 card? You will just have to make sure I have your address on file to find out! Oh and the picture above, just a few of my favorite holiday cards I have received over the year. Notice the one on the bottom left… yes, that is from my very first Christmas from my sweet Grandpa Ben.
During my recent jaunt to L.A., I was able to finally visit one of my favorite letterpress companies, Sugar Paper. I was first introduced to the creative genius of co-founders Chelsea and Jamie in InStyle Home’s April 2004, which had a beautiful feature on Reece Witherspoon’s home and showed her impeccable stationary set by Sugar Paper. The simplicity of their designs and the quality of their paper stock is just perfection. And lucky for us, today they are spoiling us with a 24 hour sale… 20% off their entire site (enter discount code Spring20 at checkout).
My picks include:
– This adorable Easter card is currently on its way to me.
– This luxe bicycle noteset is perfect for an island girl like me.
– These thank you cards accompanied me back to the island.
– This heart print would be the perfect addition to my gallery wall.
– And don’t forget Mother’s Day and Father’s Day are right around the corner!
Do let me know your favorite items. Until next time, happy shopping!