Valentine’s Day. Whatever your relationship status may be or feelings on this “hallmark” holiday, I think it’s important to show a little love, no matter the month. If you are in need of some inspiration, look no further. I have highlighted my favorite gifts that say I like you/I love you below.
– I don’t know about you, but I love to get a little something for the single ladies in my life on Valentine’s Day. I think this rain African heart soap from Terrain is just perfect.
– As I’ve mentioned in the past, I have a thing for sleepwear. My sweet pick and my sexy pick for your Valentine’s Day night.
– Why not write your love a letter. This little kit includes everything you need to create a gift that will last the test of time. The best gifts really are those that come right from the heart.
– Love to Love You print… a great addition to any gallery wall in my humble opinion.
– What is it about women and jewelry? We somehow can never get enough. This sweet necklace from Sundance is a simple piece that could easily go from day to night and also won’t break the bank.
– As is custom with most good things, Clare Vivier began making bags in response to a need and that need was a lack of a functional yet fashionable laptop case. Since then, Claire has created a handbag line that has an almost cult following. Simple, chic, and oh-so French, Clare’s bags are sure to please your lady. And lucky for us, she has launched a love shop. The sweetheart clutch in red is my personal favorite.
– Love potion. Why the heck not! An aromatic blend of ten of the world’s most potent aphrodisiac essential oils to stimulate the senses, heighten sensuality and immediately inspire an inner sense of beauty and confidence. I think I would use this everyday.
– Oh and how could I not include chocolate. The way to this lady’s heart is certainly through food.
And please do remember, I am always sending a little love and light to you!
One of the many joys of island life is having wonderful friends come and visit. A few weeks back, I was able to spend a delightful morning with my dear friend R visiting from D.C. I really do have some talented friends. She was telling me all about this new podcast series she is working on with two of her friends down in the district “Ten Questions we Always Ask.” So what ten questions do they always ask? Well, you will just have to tund into the podcasts (available on iTunes) to find out.
Ok, fine. I will share just one with you. The questions is “what can you always be found with?” Let’s see… I always have my planner, a book, my journal, my favorite pen, my iPod and my king of hearts card. Yes, you read that right. My king of hearts card.
Since my divorce, I indulge in a yearly card reading. Why you ask? One of my greatest fears is that I will end up alone. I know, I know… I shouldn’t think such things but I do. So the one question I return to again and again (as he always ask, “is there something you want to focus on?”) is “will I find my great love/partner?” And you know, the card I have pulled more times than not is the king of cups. Lucky for me, there are few cards that are more loving than the king of cups, which indicates that someone who is very balanced and loving will enter your life in the future. Hope.
So how does the king of cups translate to my king of hearts card. Well, let me tell you. It all goes back to that wonderful series Sex and the City. I think it was a February night when I was siting in my apartment at 263 watching an old episode (season 6, episode 7 to be precise) when I realized, oh my god, my ex is Berger. Now don’t worry, he didn’t break up with me on a post-it note but the similarities are quite strong. Berger’s one redeeming quality was his quirky hobby of collecting playing cards found in the street. So I thought… I want to do this. And as you can guess, the first card I found was the king of hearts. My past leading me to my future? Yes, that is exactly how I see it!
And there you have it… the things I will always be found with. Be sure to tune into this bi-monthly podcast. I promise you will be well entertained.